Dr. Eduardo Pasallo Álvarez
Gastrointestinal surgeon, Minimally invasive surgery and Obesity surgery
Obesity is a complex disorder that consists in having an excess of body fat.
It is important to highlight that being overweight is not only a aestetic issue, but it is related to health issues like, diabetes, heart diseases, formation of calculi, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, cronic fatigue, amoung others.
Recent investigations have associated obesity with a genetic predisposition, nevertheless other factors contribute also like the psychosocial and economic factors that can lead towards obesity and generate a constant fight to weight control.
Since the psychological aspects of the obesity are so important, the evaluations and psychologic interventions are part of our comprehensive focus that walks next to the bariatric surgery.
We have sensitivity to win the battles that obesity involves, that is why we want to take care of you, with the respect and comprehension than this involves.
If you have significant overweight and would like to make a change of life, you could be a candidate for weight loss through a bariatric surgery.
We offer an alternate named: Bariatric Surgery (Gastric sleeve, Gastric by-pass, Intragastric Ballon). This is how our team reduces the size of your stomach with the goal of having you feel satisfied and with this eat much less.
This is a teamwork that includes: physicans, psychologists, nutritionists and surgical specialists. This is teamwork, since all of our efforts need your help to reach the goal and you start loosing weight in a secure and successful manner.
This is a commitment with your health and wellness and we are commited to help you reach your goal. The services we offer are:
- Offer office visits and orientation to patients in regards to bariatric procedures.
- Offer comprehensive evaluations to candidates for bariatric surgery procedures.
- Perform placement of intragastric ballons.
- Perform gastric sleeves or gastric by-pass in case needed.
- We offer comprehensive health with assistance of psychologists, internal medicine physicians and nutrionists.
- Perform diagnostic evaluation and early treatment in cases of osteopenia or osteoporosis.
- Evaluate the risk of fractures according to the bone density at the moment the test is done.
- Evaluate the mineral bone density at any age or height, since the densitometry machine compares the Tscore (standard according to the age of the patient).
- In seconds it evaluates the bone density of the spine and femur.
- The densitometry offers less radiation than an ordinary x-ray machine.
Frequently asked questions about bariatric surgery
What is bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery involves modifying the stomach and/or the intestines through a surgical procedure, to induce a significant and durable weight loss due to restriction (reducing the amount of food you eat), the inhibition of the calories or nutriments absorbed or a combination of both.
Do I qualify for bariatric surgery?
There is a formula that calculates the index body mass (IBM) which consists in dividing the weight into the square height, if this result is over than 35, you could be a candidate for the surgery.
Calculate your body mass (IBM):
How much weight can I lose?
Bariatric surgery allows a weight loss between 50 and 70% of the overweight during the period of 1 year.
How long does the complete process last?
The process can be divided into 3 phases:
1. The evaluation phase.
2. The preoperative phase.
3. The postoperative phase.
Av. Francisco I. Madero No. 665
Col. Primera Sección
CP 21100 Mexicali.
Open 24 hours and the 7 days of the week
Taxi service from the border line to the clinic and vice versa.
Delivery of Medical Line Passes to USA Patients.